Your mattress is a steadfast companion, but over time, it can lose support. Flipping it evenly distributes wear, extending its lifespan and improving sleep quality. However, note that not all mattresses can be flipped. Those with an attached topper can only be rotated, not flipped. Before attempting, check with the mattress shop to confirm if your mattress is flippable. Typically, it's recommended to flip every 3 months. Here's how to do it:
Preparation: Clear the area around your bed. Remove bedding and pillows for a smooth process.
Enlist a Helper: Mattresses can be heavy. Get someone to assist in flipping, preventing injuries.
Rotate and Flip: For flippable mattresses, rotate 180 degrees and flip. Center it on the bed frame. For non-flippable mattresses, rotate only.
Reassemble: Place bedding back evenly to finish.
- Longer Lifespan: Even wear extends your mattress's life.
- Improved Support: Alternating sides prevents sagging and maintains support.
- Healthier Sleep: Regular flipping prevents allergens, creating a cleaner sleep environment.
- Better Sleep Quality: A well-supported mattress equals better sleep and a more rested morning.
- Cost Savings: Extend your mattress's life, saving you money in the long run.
Don't wait for restless nights—start flipping for a rejuvenated mattress and the sleep you dream of. Remember, sufficient sleep starts with a well-maintained mattress, so make bedtime better by incorporating the ritual of flipping your mattress every 3 months for a cozy and supportive sleep surface.